Sun, 01 Oct|
Clandon Park RDA Sponsored Ride 2023 in aid of Horsley, Bookham & Leatherhead RDA
Our inaugural HBL RDA Sponsored Ride will take place across the private estate of Clandon Park, with approx. 8 miles of entirely off-road hacking, with beautiful views out across the Surrey countryside. There are optional jumps ranging from 60-80cms and a shorte 2 mile course for lead rein ponies
Time & Location
01 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 16:00
Clandon Park, West Clandon, Guildford GU4 7RQ, UK
About the Event
By kind permission of Lord and Lady Onslow, Clandon Park is delighted to announce it’s first ever sponsored ride, fundraising for Horsley, Bookham & Leatherhead Riding for the Disabled, across the stunning parkland at Clandon Park on Sunday 1st October 2023.
Riders will have a unique opportunity to ride across this stunning, private 1,000 acre estate, on a newly opened course which will include optional jumps (60cm and 80cm). Three different ride options over approx. 2, 6 and 8 mile courses. Lead rein option for small children. With beautiful views across rolling countryside.
Ride at your own pace, on your own or with family and friends. Riders will be started on specific time slots.
Entries for this inaugural ride are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. We envisage this event growing every year – so be one of the first to enjoy this new opportunity on the local equestrian calendar.
The organisers will endeavor to alternate start times between jumping / non-jumping entrants – please specify this in your entry.
Rosettes for all entrants – with special awards for the following:
- Child under 16 who raises the most sponsorship.
- Adult who raises the most sponsorship
All Stewards are there for your safety and have radio communication with the base station and access to our onsite paramedics. So please follow their instructions.
IN ADVANCE: £50 --- ON-THE-DAY £55 (if spaces permit) (Sponsored Ride entry is a £25 entry fee plus £25 minimum sponsorship)
NB - costs include medical cover by paramedics with 4x4 capabilities.
The sponsorship proceeds from the Clandon Park RDA Sponsored Ride 2023 will go to HBL RDA to contribute to the annual running costs of our charity – providing therapeutic riding sessions for local children and young adults with disabilities. For more information, please look at our website: www.hblrda.co.uk
A minimum sponsorship of £25 is asked per rider and payable as part of the entry fee.
Should you wish to help raise further sponsorship monies for HBL RDA by participating in this ride (being sponsored per jump, for completing the course, being paid per mile etc) you could do this in the following ways – selecting HBL RDA as your charity:
· Create a Just Giving Page and linking to HBL RDA – reg no 1170049.
· Create a Facebook Fundraiser
· Collect your sponsorship and pay the money directly to HBL bank account, with your surname and SR 2023 as the reference:
Horsley, Bookham and Leatherhead RDA
Sort Code: 30-98-90
AC No: 16299660
Catering: HBL RDA volunteers will aim to run a tea and cake stall throughout the ride to provide you with sustenance before you depart and well-deserved refreshments for when you return.
Photographer: We hope to have an on the day photographer in place – details to follow
First Aid: There will be first aid support in attendance.
Terms and Conditions
Insurance is a necessity unfortunately; whilst the Clandon Park RDA Sponsored Ride arranges insurance to protect its own liabilities, riders, however, must ensure that they are suitably insured for a public event. No claims can be entertained for anything that may happen to competitors, onlookers, their property, servants or horses in connection with or arising out of the cross-country ride and other events. It is a condition of entry that each entrant shall agree to indemnify the promoters, organisers and landowners against any legal action, any claim or damage, loss or injury which results directly or indirectly from any action or negligence on their part arising from such accidents.
1. Children (under 16 years) must be accompanied by a responsible adult of 18 years or over whilst on-site and throughout the ride. Children under the age of 12 must be escorted by an adult. It is advisable to carry at least one lead rope within each group.
2. The organizing committee (Clandon Park and HBL RDA) reserve the right to refuse entry to any horse/pony which, in their opinion, is not fit for purpose.
3. All riders understand and agree that they ride at their own risk and have their own adequate insurance. So, the entrant confirms to be in possession of insurance (or that of the owner if not the rider) covering their participation in this event and that it provides third party liability cover in the event of any claim for loss, damage &/or injury howsoever caused.
4. Horses/ponies must be over 4 years of age, be sound and in good health and must have third party insurance with current valid vaccination certificates. No stallions please.
5. Equine Influenza Requirements: All Horses and Ponies coming to the ride must have had their first 2 vaccinations of the course and/or a booster within the last 12 months. 6 monthly boosters are recommended. Passports will be checked and failure to produce will disqualify the entrant from participation.
6. All horses tack must be of a safe standard, properly fitting and checked by the rider prior to the start of the ride.
7. Riding hats which are secured at three points, correct PAS 015 or BSEN1384 standard must be worn at all times whilst mounted, along with suitable clothing andfootwear. Back protectors that conform to (EN13158) BETA Level 3 are advisable.
8. All riders must report to the registration tent / horse box at the beginning and at the end of their ride.
9. Riders must wear their allocated number at all times on their ride – either a visible bridle number or on cross country tabard.
10. All riders must carry their details with any special medical requirements which need to be carried on their person – ideally via an up-to-date arm band.
11. Any late arrivals may be required to wait until the starter can accept them at an appropriate time slot.
12. The organizers (Clandon Park and HBL RDA) reserve the right to retire any horse/pony or rider without stating a reason. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry without stating a reason.
13. Any rider who has had a fall should be checked by a steward /or the on-site paramedics before continuing. The paramedic may suspend the rider on medical grounds if in their view the rider should not continue. Should the entrant continue they do so at their own risk.
14. The decision of the Organising Committee (Clandon Park and HBL RDA) on any matter shall be final.
15. Should the event be cancelled due to inclement weather or due to reasons beyond the control of the Organisers, refunds will be issued less a £15 administration levy due to committed and unrecoverable expenses.
16. Cancellations: An entrant needing to cancel may claim a refund provided notice of cancellation is received in writing (or e-mail) by registration officer firstname.lastname@example.org . Backed by a Doctor’s note and or a vet’s certificate is provided, in which case ONE entry refund will be issued only to the rider who isnamed on the certificate. NOT the whole party.
17. From 1st September refunds will only be granted in the event the organisers cancel the event in its entirety.
18. The Organisers (Clandon Park and HBL RDA) reserve the right to vary the course and content of the event without being obliged to advise such changes or, refund monies.
19. No Leading byhand of horse or ponyis allowed, save lead rein entrants on the shorter course, and any rider seen to be riding irresponsibly will be asked to leave the event.
20. Please do not bring dogs to the event. No dogs are allowed to be taken on the ride.
21. All vehicles will be directed to park in designated areas. For everyone’s benefit please follow the direction of the stewards.
22. All entrants agree that photographs of themselves / their horse as a competitor taken at this event by the official photographer can be used on social media sites or in any Promotional material connected to HBL RDA and Clandon Park RDA Sponsored Ride. You accept that the Ride organisers, (Clandon Park & HBL RDA) can email you in the future on topics relating to their charity events.
23. The ride has access to some private land for this event for one day only. No access is permitted any other time.
24. No liability for any damage to person, horse/pony or property, however caused will be accepted.
25. When entering / registering via HBL RDA riders will automatically agree to these terms and conditions of entry.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR) MAY 2018
The personal data provided by each entrant is required by the organisers for 2023 Event administration purposes & as a means of contact for each entrant. It will be neither stored, used nor shared/distributed to any other person, body or organization and will remain securely archived by HBL RDA. By entering and paying the entry fee, the entrant/owner accepts the terms of this GDPR Compliance Statement © 2023 (HBL RDA)
- Ticket type
Entry & minimum sponsorship
IN ADVANCE: £50 --- ON-THE-DAY £55 (if spaces permit) (Sponsored Ride entry is a £25 entry fee plus £25 minimum sponsorship) NB - costs include medical cover by paramedics with 4x4 capabilities.Price£50.00
+£1.25 service fee+£1.25 service fee
- Ticket type
Lead Rein - 2 mile route
Entry ticket & minimum sponsorship.Price£25.00
+£0.63 service fee+£0.63 service fee